We (Pie Funds Management Limited, issuer of the Pie Funds Management Scheme and JUNO KiwiSaver Scheme) recognise the importance of protecting your privacy. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our unitholders.
2. Who we are
3. Collection of personal information
3.1 Types of personal information we collect: The personal information we collect will depend on your interaction with us. The personal information we commonly collect includes:
- Contact details: such as name, title, address, telephone number, e-mail address
- Details for application: information in addition to the contact details that are required for the purposes of certain legislative and regulatory requirements such as Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009, (including IRD number, source of wealth and entity details.
- Marketing: details of your marketing preferences
- Enquiry details: details of enquiries you make (e.g. by completing a form on our website) and other communications you have with us
- Feedback: details of any feedback or comments that you provide on us or our website
- Technical information: this includes information that we may collect when you access or use our website (e.g. IP address, browser type, cookie information).
You are not required to provide us with any personal information that we request. However, if you do not do so, we may not be able to provide you with certain information that you have requested. We’ll let you know if this is the case.
3.2 How we collect personal information: Generally, we collect personal information directly from you. Calls may be recorded for training and record keeping purposes. We may also collect your personal information from a third party if you have authorised them to provide, or authorised us to collect, that information. For example, we may collect information about clients from the IRD and AML check providers. In addition, we may collect information about you and your use of our website using automatic data collection tools. These tools collect certain standard information about your access and computer, such as your browser type, operating system and language, access times and your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
4. Use of personal information
4.1 How we may use your information: We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- for the general operation of Pie and to manage our relationship with you (including management of your client profile, to notify you of changes to our website, terms and conditions, and respond to queries or complaints)
- to provide you with marketing and updates that you have requested or that we think you might be interested in (e.g. via newsletters or other marketing materials) unless you have opted-out of such marketing
- to comply with our legal obligations and policies
- to ensure the security of our networks and systems, protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other claims
- to analyse your use of our website, personalise and improve your experience on our website using cookies and similar technologies
- to facilitate our internal business operations (including for training, risk management and for developing, maintaining and testing our IT systems and infrastructure)
- Calls may be recorded for training and record keeping purposes.
- for any other purpose authorised by you or permitted by law.
4.2 Use of aggregated and anonymous information: We also use aggregated and anonymous information (where identifiable characteristics are removed, so that you will remain anonymous) for statistical and research purposes.
4.3 How we may communicate with you: We may communicate with you by email and other electronic means.
5. Disclosure of personal information
5.1 How we may share your information: We may share your personal information for the purposes set out above with the following parties:
- our related companies and organisations, partners, contractors and service providers (including IT services providers), to assist us with the operation of our business;
- authorities, regulators and professional advisers (including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers);
- third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets;
- any other party authorised by you or to whom we are required or authorised to disclose personal information in accordance with applicable law.
6. Security and storage
6.1 Security: We take reasonable technical and organisational security measures to prevent loss or unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure of personal information you provide to us or authorise us to collect. We also require any contractors or service providers who require access to your information required to implement reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your information.
6.2 Inherent risks: Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to or from the website and any transmission is at your own risk.
6.3 Links to third party websites: The website may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies. Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites.
6.4 Login details: If, from time to time, you have a username, password or other login details which enable you to access certain parts of the website, you must not allow any other person to use them and must treat them as confidential. If you believe or suspect that someone else knows your login details you must contact us using the email address set out under the Contact us heading below as soon as possible.
7. Access and correction of personal information
7.1 Your rights: Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to access and request correction of any personal information that we hold about you. Please refer to the Contact us section below.
8. Contact us
8.2 Address: Pie Funds Management Limited, Level One, 1 Byron Avenue PO Box 33 1079, Takapuna, Auckland, Attention: Compliance Team.