This product aims to diversify your portfolio and grow your investments on the global stage by accessing markets and sectors that aren’t easily available to retail investors.
FOUNDER, CEO & CIO
ALL DATA AS AT 31 JULY 2017
Annualised return since inception**
Total Return since inception**
The objective of our Global Fund is to provide investors with long-term growth by investing in global companies. This is our most diversified product, with approximately 500 underlying investments. Investing internationally also offers the prospect of participating in important global sectors and themes which are unavailable in New Zealand and Australia. Recommended investment time frame: 5 years.
The Global Fund will invest directly in listed Smaller Companies globally. Direct investments are subject to the same standards as those applied to the Australasian Funds (being the Growth Fund, the Dividend Fund, the Growth 2 Fund and the Emerging Companies Fund).
In addition, the Global Fund will invest in managed funds whose managers have similar characteristics to Pie Funds, including:
- highly experienced investment professionals;
- investment by the portfolio managers in the managed funds;
- a focus on protecting capital as well as providing competitive long term returns; and
- a willingness to protect fund capacity in order to preserve the ability to generate returns.
The Global Fund will also hold cash and may invest in ETFs, unlisted small companies and in the Other Pie Fund Products.
During periods of uncertainty the Global Fund can increase its cash position up to a maximum of 100% of the portfolio to reduce downside volatility.
Further information in relation to how the investment strategy is implemented is set out above in the ‘Investment Strategy and SIPO Review’ section of this SIPO.
If you wish to invest, please download and read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and then complete the online application form.
The Global Fund gives investors access to around 500 international companies. These investments are made through a combination of direct equity investments and via top fund managers from around the globe who have with similar investment philosophies to Pie Funds. This fund provides investors global diversification to regions such as UK/Europe, North America, Australasia, Japan and Emerging Markets.
Find out more about our global managers and our top holdings by checking out the latest Global Fund Fact Sheet.
Meet the Managers
Mike Taylor: Mike is the founder, CEO and CIO of Pie Funds. In addition to being the Global Fund manager, he is also the joint manager for the Growth and Growth UK & Europe Funds. Click here to read Mike’s full profile.
* Overall Morningstar ratings. ©2017 Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. Neither Morningstar, nor its affiliates nor their content providers guarantee the data or content contained herein to be accurate, complete or timely nor will they have any liability for its use or distribution. Any general advice has been prepared by Morningstar Australasia Pty Ltd (ABN: 95 090 665 544, AFSL: 240892) and/or Morningstar Research Limited, subsidiaries of Morningstar, Inc, without reference to your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider the advice in light of these matters and, if applicable, the relevant Product Disclosure Statement before making any decision to invest. Neither Morningstar, nor Morningstar’s subsidiaries, nor Morningstar’s employees can provide you with personalised financial advice. To obtain advice tailored to your particular circumstances, please contact a professional financial adviser. DISCLOSURE: Morningstar employees may have an interest in the securities discussed in this report. Please refer to Morningstar’s Financial Services Guide (FSG) for more information www.morningstar.com.au/s/fsg.pdf. Note: Some material is copyright and published under licence from ASX Operations Pty Limited ACN 004 523 782 (“ASXO”).